In 1992, after graduating with a degree in Art History from Queen’s University in Kingston Ontario, Canada, I moved to Vancouver, B.C. Canada, where I studied at Emily Carr College of Art and Design. In 1995, I moved back to Toronto, Canada and began exhibiting my paintings in both group and solo exhibits around the city.
For the next 12 years, I taught Mixed Media, Painting and Drawing, Figure Drawing and Painting as well as “Science Art” at the Avenue Road Arts School. Between 1997 and 1999, I worked with The Royal Conservatory of Music’s Learning Through the Arts” Program and in 2001 I was a curator of exhibits of student art work at BCE Place and CBC building In Toronto.
In 1997, I was thrilled to write and illustrate “The Jumbo Book of Art” (Kids Can Press, 2001). It was followed by “The Jumbo Book of Outdoor Art” and the “Starting Art Series” Both the Jumbo Books and the Starting Art Series have received much critical acclaim and reviews from librarians, teachers and parents alike in North America, Europe and Asia. Currently I am working on new illustrations, paintings and picture books for all ages. The following is a list of published books so far:
- Mr. Frank, 2014 Groundwood Books
- Mattoo, Let’s Play!, 2010, Kids Can Press
- The Imaginary Garden, 2009, Kids Can Press (Illustration)
- 123 I Can Build!, 2009 Author/Illustrator
- 123 I Can Collage!, 2009 Author/Illustrator
- 123 I Can Draw!, 2008 Author/Illustrator
- 123 I Can Make Prints!, 2008 Author/Illustrator
- 123 I Can Paint!, 2007 Author/Illustrator
- 123 I Can Sculpt!, 2007 Author/Illustrator
- The Jumbo Book of Art, 2003 Author/Illustrator
- The Jumbo Book of Outdoor Art, 2006 Author/Illustrator